4th of 8, this dish always reminds me of home. I tried this recipe a few times, it will be best if you cut the chicken meat into cubes. This dish not only good to go with a bowl of rice, it is also quite tasty with noodle or instant noodle. The sauce of this dish can match very well with noodle or instant noodle. Sometime, I will soak the noodle in a bowl of ice water for 5 minutes, dry it and stirred fry together with the chicken.
- 1/2 kg chicken meat
- 2 – 3 garlic
- 1 knob of ginger
- Spring Onions
- Chinese mushroom
- Dark Soya Sauce
- Sesame oil
- Cooking oil
- Sugar (Oyster sauce)
- Light Soya sauce
- Dark Soya sauce
- A bit of starch (optional)
- Wash and dry the chicken meat. Season it with some dark soya sauce, sesame oil, pepper, light soya sauce and a bit of starch & leave it for at least 15 minutes.
- Skin the ginger & dice it thinly.
- Wash and cut the spring onions into 4 cm long.
- Crush and lightly chop the garlic.
- Chinese mushroom must be soak till soft and retain the water. Cut away the stalk of the mushroom and cut it into 1/2.
- heat the wok with some cooking oil & sesame oil. Fry the ginger till you smell the fragrance then add the garlic and some spring onion. Light brown the garlic then add the chicken meat and the mushroom.
- Stir the chicken meat till it is all covered with the oil then add the dark soya sauce, oyster sauce and 1/2 to 1 cup of water.
- Cover and simmer till it is cooked then add the salt.
Cooking Time 1 hours