This dish is an easy to prepare and it is also suitable for the Chinese New Year Reunion Dinner. If you came back from work late and tired, you can just prepare this dish, once you put the dish on the steamer and have your rice cooking in the cooker, at the same time. You have about 35 minutes for a good enjoyable shower. When you came out from the refreshing shower, you can have your meal straight.
I don’t use the traditional way of steaming but using electric steamers. For different brands of electric steamer, the time taken to steam the spare rib till tender or to your like are varies. This dish serve as main course with steamed rice. Some weekend, I just have this dish without steam rice for lunch as the yam can be quite filling.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 500 g spare rib, cut into pieces
- 300 g yam, cubed, deep-fried
- 3 tablespoon Black Pepper & Black Bean Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon sweet potato flour
- 50 ml water
- Spring onion, chopped. (optional)
- Chili, cut (optional)
- Marinade and season spare rib with Black Pepper & Black Bean Sauce, salt, oyster sauce, sweet potato flour and water for 30 minutes.
- Arrange the fried yam into the steaming bowl ( or streamer), add in the marinade spare rib and cut chill,i and stream at high heat for 45 minutes till tender.
- Serve with spring onion sprinkled on it.
Cooking Time 1 hours 30 minutes.
Footnote This dish can be prepared for Chinese New Year Reunion Dish.