Petai & Prawns In Spicy Assam Sauce
I love this dish since I was young, however, I don’t like petai. I like this dish because i like the prawn taste spicy and sour. I tried cooking this dish without the petai and it taste different which is not that nice. Thus whenever I cook this, I still use petai. This is a South East Asian cuisine which is good to serve with steam rice. If I remember correctly, the original recipe for this dish is not a hot plate dish, but I like this dish to be served on hot plate.
Ingredients (Serve 4)
- 150 g petai seeds
- 100 g shelled prawns
- 1 shredded onion
- 1 diced red chili
- 3 tablespoon spicy assam sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Heat up oil and saute spicy assam sauce until fragrant.
- Add in onion and stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add in prawns, petai and stir well.
- Add water and bring to boil until cooked.
- Heat up the hotplate (optional)
- Dish up onto the hot plate and serve hot.
Cooking Time 20 minutes