I like to prepare this dish as this also a very fast and easy to prepare dish. This dish also very well balanced diets with the proper green and proteins. The original recipe using petai seeds but I don’t like it, thus I always replaced it with Holland Beans or Four Season Beans. I also had tried replacing the prawns with chicken and pork and it also work well. This dish can serve as main course with steamed rice.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 150 g petai seeds (or replaced with Four Season Beans or Holland Beans)
- 100 g shelled prawns (or replaced with chicken or pork)
- 1 onion, shredded
- 1 red chili, diced
- 3 tablespoon Spicy Asam Sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Heat up oil and sauté Spicy Asam Sauce until fragrant. Add in onion and stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add in petai, prawns and chili, and stir well. Add water and bring to boil until cooked.
- Dish up and serve hot.
Cooking Time 30 minutes.