- 1 Whole chicken (about 2 kg)
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cooking wine or sherry
- 4 stalk spring onion tie into a bundle
- 2 stalks pandan leaves tie into a bundle
- 1 old ginger peeled
- Wash the chicken & leave it to dry. Rub the exterior & the cavity of the chicken with the mixtures of cooking wine (or sherry), spring onion, ginger and panda leaves. Leave the mixtures of cooking wine (or sherry), spring onion, ginger and panda leaves in the cavity of chicken & let it stand for an hour.
- Place the chicken nicely at the bottom of a pot, put in salt and water till just cover the whole chicken. Put on low heat for 30 minutes which shall bring to boil for another 5 minute.
- Prepare another deep pot with 1/2 filled with 50% water and 50% ice. Take out the chicken, with the spring onion, ginger and panda leaves removed, and dip the chicken into the cold pot for 10 minutes. Take out the chicken and leave it to dry and cut into bite size.
- Use the pandan leaves, spring onion and the boiled chicken stock to cook steam chicken rice.
- Serve with steam chicken rice and the Spicy Shallot Sauce
Cooking Time 1.5 hours