I like preparing this fish as it is easy to prepare. You can grilled it over an oven or barbecue the fish. This dish can be one of the dishes serving four that goes with stream rice or you can have it as whole fish serving one. I remember when I’m working in overseas, when I returned from work, I’ll prepare the dish for 15 minutes. Put in into the oven, and I can go for a good shower. Out from shower the fish is ready to make my day. 🙂 I never try this dish using fillet thus I not sure whether this can work for fillet.
If you barbecue the fish instead of grilling in oven, still have to follow the instructions. Don’t try to pour the Ginger Sauce over the cooked fish. You wanted the sauce to be cooked with the fish, soaked into the fish till dry-up over the heat.
- 1 whole fish, above 800 g
- 3 black mushroom, soaked and shredded
- 1 stalk spring onion, shredded
- 5 tablespoon Ginger Sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 piece aluminium foil
- Clean the fish and place it on the aluminium foil.
- Rub the fish with a little salt.
- Heat up oil, add in black mushrooms and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add in Ginger Sauce and mix well.
- Pour ginger and mushroom sauce over the fish and seal well.
- Put in to a pre-heated oven and grill at 180c for 30 minutes or till cooked.
- Un-wrap the foil, sprinkle spring onion and coriander leaves on top and serve hot.
Cooking Time 45 minutes