I remember I obtained this recipe a few years ago from an online game, I have forgotten the name of the game. The game about running a cafe and after you have successful clearing certain stages, you will be rewarded with some recipes. I try this recipe and I like this. I guess instead of having toast goes with boring jams and peanut butter, I can have this as more interesting breakfast and this doesn’t take me a lot of time to prepare. For those doesn’t just like just pure vegetable (as it meant for starter not breakfast) it is ok to add in ham and premium cheese.
Ingredients (Serves 16)
- 4 slices of rustic wheat bread
- 3 heirloom tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 bunch basil
- 5 ounces (300 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce (152 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Red chili flakes (optional)
- Toast wheat bread and cut each slice into four pieces.
- On a cutting board, dice the heirloom tomatoes and mince the garlic. Tear up the basil to release its flavor and add this, along with the heirloom tomatoes and garlic, to a bowl. Next, add balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper. Lightly toss and let it sit for 20 minutes. Add chili flakes if you like it spicy!
- Toss the bruschetta mixture lightly once more and then put a large spoon full on each wheat bread toast.