I got this recipe from an onine game. Initally, I didn’t pay much attention on it and one day I just tried it and ft my surprise it taste quite nice.
Ingredients (Serves 16)
- 4 slices of rustic wheat bread
- 3 heirloom tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 bunch basil
- 5 ounces (300 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce (152 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Red chili flakes (optional)
- Toast wheat bread and cut each slice into four pieces.
- On a cutting board, dice the heirloom tomatoes and mince the garlic. Tear up the basil to release its flavor and add this, along with the heirloom tomatoes and garlic, to a bowl. Next, add balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper. Lightly toss and let it sit for 20 minutes. Add chili flakes if you like it spicy!
- Toss the bruschetta mixture lightly once more and then put a large spoon full on each wheat bread toast.